Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall || Book Review

A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall

Publication Date: August 26, 2014
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Pages: 272
Format: Paperback
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes&Noble |Book Depository

Synopsis:
Lea and Gabe are in the same creative writing class. They get the same culture references, order the same Chinese food, and hand out in the same places. Unfortunately, Lea is a little aloof, Gabe is shy, and it looks like they are never going to work things out.

But something is happening between them, and everyone can see it. Their creative writing teacher pushes them together. The baristas at the local Starbucks watch their relationship like a TV series. The bus driver tells his wife about them. The waitress at the diner automatically seats them together. Eve the squirrel who lives on the college green believes Lea and Gave were meant to be together.

fall in love with falling in love in this irresistibly romantic, completely original novel!

Thoughts:

I found this book to be a light and fluffy read. After reading Allegiant and We Were Liars, I went into a reading slump. I mean, these two books made so depressed that I wallowed in my own self-pity. How disastrous. But when I took a trip to Target and saw this book there, I said, why not? I'm a huge fan of cutesy contemporary and this book fit into all the right categories. Plus, it was only around $7 so it was practically a steal.

The books tells the story of Gabe and Lea's relationship and how it evolves but from fourteen different perspectives. We have the baristas, the bus driver, the waitress, Gabe's brother, a bench, a squirrel, plus so many others. While reading it, I thought it was arbitrary to include the squirrel and a bench...but somehow it worked. And you're going to have to read it in order to understand how it's even possible.

I enjoyed reading about Gabe and Lea and their awkward moments and the maddening moments when I wanted them kiss but they were to chicken to do anything. The only thing I wished was that it was also told from their perspectives. You get fourteen perspectives, yet none of which were in the main characters. Regardless, I'd read this book again after a very heavy book or if I'm in a reading slump. It was cute, romantic, fluffy, and the same type of college interactions I wish I would have. (I'm so much like Lea, it's not even funny.)

So, next time you want to fall in love with falling in love, pick this book up and you won't regret it.



0 comments:

Post a Comment